Tags : :
The New 11.7 drivers have arrived which has plenty of updates if your not running 11.6b then you will now notice Dummy Plugs are no longer needed to keep cards active. Goto http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx to grab your self some love here.
Been suffering from mouse cursor lag? Experiencing random blank screens while trying to watch Blu-ray movies in PowerDVD? Getting a corrupted screen when changing desktop themes in Windows 7?
You may be in luck, as AMD's hoping to fix all those grievances - and plenty more - with the latest release of its graphics driver; Catalyst 11.7.
The new software suite touts over a dozen resolved issues for Microsoft's Windows 7 Operating System but no specific performance improvements. The next dose of frame-rate gains is being reserved for Catalyst 11.8, which is now available as an early preview release ahead of an official launch next month.
Catalyst 11.7 - Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System:
- All issues experienced with mouse cursor lag have been resolved.
- Resolves system hangs seen in the AMD Catalyst 11.6 driver on specific HDMI and DP displays.
- Log event (Event ID 62464) issues when playing video content have been resolved.
- Bluray playback using PowerDVD 10 under High Performance mode no longer randomly displays a blank screen.
- Bluray playback using PowerDVD 10 under High Performance mode no longer randomly hangs.
- Some Divx format files no longer display video corruption using WinDVD.
- AVIVO Video Quality settings are now correctly applied to Flash Video Content.
- AMD SteadyVideo is now applied to Home Video clips when using WinDVD 10.
- Random screen corruption is no longer displayed when changing desktop themes.
- Chequerboard corruption is no longer displayed intermittently when playing DirectX 10 titles in a Crossfire configuration with Eyefinity enabled.
- Shogun II now renders the cinematics correctly when run in various Eyefinity configurations.
- Video playback now works correctly when acceleration is enabled with VLC Player version 1.1.9.
- Crossfire now functions correctly when playing Hamilton’s Great Adventure.
- Video corruption is no longer observed when when using the Forward slider on 720P Divx format video clips using Windows Media Player and Windows .
- PowerDVD now correctly handles 3D Bluray content.
- Portal 2 no longer displays flickering on water surface textures with Medium and Low Shader detail settings.
- Image stabilization now functions correctly when playing Divx content using Windows Media Player.
- Wraparound corruption is no longer displayed intermittently after exiting a 3D application.
Catalyst 11.8 Preview - Features:
- Enables AMD HD3D support on DisplayPort panels, such as Samsung 750 and 950 series 3D displays.
- Improves performance:
- Up to 10% in Crysis 2 DirectX 11 version for both non-Anti-Aliasing, and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
- Up to 8% in Fear 3 DirectX 11 version with application enabled Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
- Up to 30% when AMD’s Morphological Anti-Aliasing (MLAA) is enabled through the Catalyst Control Center on AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
Not much benefits to us as bit coin miners but the 11.8 add-ons sure sound interesting.